Monday, January 19, 2015

Love/Valentine Card ~ Love and Romance {1st Post}

The challenge over at CAS-ual Friday's is to use felt and sequins.
And boy do I love a good challenge.
Now sequins I have. Tons and tons of them. lol.
But I didn't have any felt to play with so I picked some up to play with.
For this card I cut some hearts from felt and some from glitter paper.
I used the largest ones to make my shaker windows.
Next I added the smaller ones and sequins inside the shakers.
Then I attached them to my love word embossed card front.
To finish off my card I added a few sequins in the bottom corner.



*Card base 4.25 x 5.5 in.
*Hearts cut using the Heart Board Fri-Dies from CAS-ual Fridays.
*Cuttlebug Love Is In the Air embossing folder from Provo Craft.
*Glitzy Glitter 6x6 design paper pad from DCWV.
*Sequins from Darice.
*Felt from Michaels.

May your day always be filled with love.
Crafty hugs,   
Dawn

Please join me and play along with these wonderful challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays #135 Felt and sequins
Word Art Wednesday #166 Anything goes
DL Art January linky Anything goes
Jo's Scrap Shack #71 Anything goes
Cardz TV {card} #1 Any occasion
Cuttlebug Mania It takes two {linked hearts}
Simon Says Work It Wednesday Love theme
Suzy Bees Bloomin #63 Anything goes with a twist add a little sparkle
Sweet Stamps Blog #205 Hearts
Crafts 4 Eternity #209 Reflections {sequins}

12 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    I LOVE this card!!!! The black is so bold and when embossed, really pops! Love it! And then you took it a step farther by creating beautiful heart windows for shakers! Genius!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week in our Funday Friday challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, Dawn. The black looks great embossed. (love the folder) Love the shakers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card - the dark background is wonderful as well as the fun "filled" hearts

    Thank you for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Dawn, just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking colour scheme and I love the shaker hearts

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT card Dawn, LOVE the embossing folder and the heart shakers are fabulous.

    Crafty Hugs,
    Sue
    Sue’s Paper Crafts – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossing on this card. Cute creation. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever way to use felt! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Rebecca x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, love those shaker windows! Thanks for joining us at CASual Fridays Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting today. I really appreciate and LOVE your sweet, supportive comments!
Sorry I had to enabled comment moderation due to spammers.
Crafty hugs,
D~